Broccoli based cheesy garlic bread – a new craze you need to try.
This week has been really nice to opportunity to go back to discover new foods.
I think my favourite has to be Broccoli cheesy garlic bread. It is very low calories and can be made syn free on Slimming World – Really filling too!
I’d been reading a lot regarding using cauliflower as based so what better way to mix it up even more and use one of my favourite vegetables.
It was so easy to make and so filling. I served it with some homemade Slimming World Chilli to go with it.
Here is the recipe
Prep time: Cook time: 25 mins Total time: 40 mins
- 1 head Broccoli
- 1 large egg or 2 egg whites
- Grated cheese (add to your taste – I used my healthy A choice in slimming world)
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning or mix of dried herbs (I used thyme, basil and parsley)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 2 garlic gloves or tablespoon of garlic powder or paste (I used paste)
- Preheat oven to 180.
- Cut it into Broccoli florets. Place them in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until the Broccoli is finely chopped and looks like rice.
- Transfer the Broccoli to a microwave-safe dish or bowl. Cover and cook in the microwave for 10 minutes. Alternatively, you can steam the Broccoli in a steamer.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a mixing bowl and add the egg, Italian seasoning, half of your cheese allowance, ¼ teaspoon salt and ⅛ teaspoon pepper. Add garlic and then mix to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Form the dough into a rectangle about ¼-inch thick.
- Bake in the oven 15-20 minutes until cooked. Remove the baking sheet and sprinkle the remaining ½ cup cheese over the top. Bake another 5 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Cut Broccoli cheesy garlic bread into pieces and serve.
Any tips? Plan and prepare – Cant stress this enough
Let me know if you try any of this recipes mentioned or have any suggestions?
Also if you haven’t already seen my latest vlog then here it is.